Tinworthy was Tavistowe- trains move…
Track laying has continued and I have now completed two boards. I have also wired up those two boards complete with all the associated point motors.
I have programmed the main CBUS module in the control panel and the modules on the two boards which control the point operation and all the section switches and which controller of two controls that section. This wasn’t without its problems as two of the modules had the wrong version of firmware in their PIC controllers and stubbornly refused to be recognised by the computer used for programming! After many trials and tribulations where I was literally pulling my hair out [useful as I can’t get a haircut at present!!] I managed to upgrade them and now have a fully working system. All with only a 4 way cable connecting the control panel to the layout. You can see a 64xx pannier and a diesel railcar which have been run all over the existing tracks.
I intend to hide the point motors at the front of the layout with a removable scenic board and the ones at the back with suitable buildings. I have mocked these up in paper and they include warehouses, a stable block and a garage for the local bus.
Also shown here is mock up to show where the platforms and station building will be sited.
One more board and the fiddle yards to go.