I have now completed the basic superstructure for the LNWR Precursor. These are the basic GEM castings which despite being over thirty years old, went together very well and required little if any cleaning up. Construction has ben a combination of epoxy resin and low melt soldering. I have added correct pattern LNWR buffers from 3mm society castings. The tender top was missing from the kit but I have constructed one from plasticard. The tender fittings are again sourced from the society.
The pictures below show the loco on Lakebank Mk2 the layout it is intended for. The picture also shows the new overbridge at the entrance to the layout. In the background is the joint in the scenery where the hill fits. This is made as a lift out piece to allow access to point switches and will eventually be disguised with ground foliage.
The next job is to add detail to the loco. This includes brake gear, boiler backhead , cab details, vacuum pipes etc. as well as filling the gaps in the castings.